Please mark your calendar for:
TUESDAY, OCTOBER 9, 2018
Come visit Terry and his team at this year’s PVE-CARE Senior Health & Wellness Fair in Palos Verdes Estates.
A Peaceful Way Home Care with be an exclusive exhibitor. Come learn about the in-home care services we provide for seniors and their families on the Palos Verdes Peninsula, South Bay, and the surrounding Los Angeles communities. Stay in the comfort of your own home with compassionate and dependable care provided by A Peaceful Way Home Care.
Palos Verdes Estates Golf Club
3301 Via Campesina, Palos Verdes Estates 90274
Tuesday, October 9, 2018
10:00 AM to 1:00 PM
In 2004, the Palos Verdes Estates Police Department, in an effort to address the rise in crimes against seniors, or what is commonly referred to as “Elder Abuse,” designed a program called PVE-CARES (PVE-Care, Assistance, Resources, Education, and Socials).
PVE-CARES was designed to provide education, available resources and socialization for Palos Verdes Estates’ senior residents so that they may avoid becoming victims as well as be able to live independently, in their own homes, for as long as possible.
PVE-CARES typically holds 5-6 events each year. Rotating between educational and social, over the years, many of the events have remained constant, being well received by members. A sample of the PVE-CARES events are:
- Spring Event (March) – Introduces a topic of interest; technology (grandPad), medical (Mind Boosters), social (student working with seniors)
- May Social – Has been a Senior’s Prom, musical or theatrical production
- Summer Concert (July) – in Lunada Bay (Chaussee’s Big Band)
- Doctor’s Talk (Sept) – Panel of Doctors speak
- Senior Health & Wellness Fair (Oct) – Over 45 exhibitors, flu shots and more