$500 Signing/Retention Bonus*
Welcome and thank you for looking into the opportunity of working with A Peaceful Way Home Care, a leader in providing Home Care Services in Palos Verdes and the South Bay area. We know that working with a caring, compassionate team committed to quality and unique personal care is very important to our current caregivers. If you are looking for a private caregiver job, home health job or the same things, you have found your home.
At A Peaceful Way Home Care, nothing is more important to us than helping our clients live full, independent and dignified lives in their own homes. As a team, we are dedicated to providing in-home care that enriches our clients’ lives and helps them maintain the highest possible level of independent living. We do what we do because we want to make a positive impact on the lives of those we care for. If your purpose is to find a career that will help satisfy your desire to serve others, we would love to visit with you. We were recently awarded Best of Home Care-Employer of Choice Award, a national award based on the satisfaction of our professional caregivers.
For an idea of the care and support you will be providing:
Supporting quality of life:
- Help client maintain routines, revive interests, and try new activities – anything from shopping the sales to attending a meeting for retired professionals.
- Help client stay in touch with friends, family, and the community.
- Read aloud from newspapers, magazines, novels, U.S. Postal mail, and e-mail.
- Help client organize family photos and mementos in albums to encourage engaging, meaningful conversations.
Promoting health and safety:
- Take client to doctor appointments. Coordinate with office staff to schedule follow-up, pick up prescriptions, clarify doctors’ instructions, and report to family.
- Remind client to take medications on time and as directed. Ensure prescriptions are refilled as needed.
- Encourage good nutrition. Prepare tasty meals that meet dietary needs. Offer enticing snacks and beverages throughout the day.
- Prepare foods to accommodate chewing and swallowing difficulties.
- Provide unobtrusive supervision. Tactfully redirect client from unsafe activity.
- Encourage safe exercise. Walk with client. Do prescribed exercises together.
- Provide sensitive reminders of correct use of cane or walker.
Helping with household management:
- Prioritize jobs that aren’t getting done; help with completion.
- Run errands with client: e.g., grocery store, bank, library, hairdresser, post office.
- Pick-up and straighten objects; dust and vacuum.
- Wash and iron clothes.
- Change and wash linens.
- Clean out closets and cabinets. Help dispose of unwanted items.
- Clean out refrigerator. Discard spoiled and expired food.
Providing physical assistance when needed:
- Help client get dressed and undressed.
- Help client shower, shampoo, and shave.
- Help client use the toilet, protecting dignity and privacy.
- Help with grooming, e.g. style hair, help with make-up, file nails, and protect skin.
- Provide safe assistance getting in and out of bed, chairs, wheelchairs, and cars.
- Offer gentle massage to ease aches and stiffness.
- Put on elastic stockings and other supports.
The following are requirements to apply to join our team:
First and foremost, you must be a trusted, caring, responsible, and unique caregiver who is committed to supporting and enhancing the lives of others you work with or support! You will need:
- Current Driver’s License or Valid ID card
- Social Security Card or proof you can work in the U.S.
- Documentation of current Live Scan background/fingerprint check
Note: We will help you secure this if you do not have it
- TB Skin Test or Chest X-Ray within the two years
- If you will be driving our clients, proof of current insurance
- Professional License if working as (CHHA, PCA, CNA, LPN, RN, MA or Registered CA Aide)
- Able to pass Pre-employment Drug Screening
Note: We will provide testing
- Successfully complete our in-house caregiver training program
- Cell, Telephone or pager
A complete background check will be performed on all applicants.
*Must average 20 hours per week for first six months in order to receive $500 signing/retention bonus
If hired, you can expect ongoing, hands-on training in our in-house training lab. We will help you stay registered as a private caregiver with the state, keep in compliance at all times, and we will have you bonded and insured.
We provide a unique, compassionate, supportive, quality work care experience for our live in caregiver jobs & private caregiver jobs. We also have spot bonuses, competitive pay, annual reviews, paid vacation time, a quarterly Outstanding Caregiver recognition program that includes a certificate of award, personalized scrubs and a $500 bonus, and opportunities for PCA career growth.