Memory care is a specialized type of service specifically for individuals facing the challenges of Alzheimer’s disease, dementia and other types of memory impairment. We believe that with the right care approach, despite the challenges of memory impairment, your loved one can live an engaging and joyful life. Let our A Peaceful Way Home Care team help you create a personalized care plan that delivers stability, support and compassion.
Caring for People with Dementia at Home
With years of experience caring for people living with dementia, we understand how difficult and emotional it can be. The further along your loved one is in the progression of the disorder, the more care and monitoring they require. If you have been trying to manage your loved one’s care on your own, help is available. A Peaceful Way Home Care provides experienced dementia care to seniors throughout Palos Verdes, Torrance, Redondo Beach and other South Bay communities.
Dementia care from A Peaceful Way Home Care keep Palos Verdes area seniors safe at home so your loved one can avoid a stressful move to an assisted living or memory care center. Most seniors prefer to age at home where they are most comfortable. And when a loved one has dementia or Alzheimer’s, the ability to stay at home takes on a whole new level of importance.
We’ll match your loved one with a caregiver from our team who is experienced caring for individuals with memory care concerns. Our customized approach enables our caregivers to provide quality, compassionate care that:
- Honors who the elder was earlier in life
- Builds confidence and enhances physical well-being
- Maintains a routine to prevent agitation and other dementia-related concerns
- Stimulates the mind and promotes cognitive engagement
- Maintains a safe environment
- Adapts to changing dementia-related behaviors
- Creates opportunities for social interaction
- Reduces the feelings of depression and loneliness
Our Approach to Memory Care includes:
Research studies indicate the health benefits of regular exercise for seniors, including the potential to limit cognitive decline. Our caregivers can assist your elderly loved one with exercises such as walking, stretching, dancing, and working with weights.
Social Connection and Engagement
Seniors with dementia are at a higher risk of social isolation and depression. And loneliness has been linked to cognitive decline. Our compassionate caregivers provide companionship and engage in hobbies and activities the senior enjoys. For example, music has been shown to improve mood, reduce stress and agitation, and create focus and interest. Or for the sports fan, watching a game together helps make the world more familiar and bring memories of people, places and experiences from the past. Our caregiver can also encourage the senior to have interactions with others by setting up phone calls and web conferences with family members and friends.
Customized Care Solutions Based on the Unique Needs of each Client
- Providing reminders to take prescriptions
- Wandering prevention and monitoring
- Preparing delicious and dietary-conscious meals
- Providing walking aid and fall prevention measures
- Assistance with grooming, dressing, and bathing
- Transportation aid for doctor appointments
- Companionship and sharing in activities
- Household organization and light housekeeping
Professional Caregiver Training
Coping with a progressive condition requires patience, compassion, and empathy. Our specially trained professional caregivers on Alzheimer’s disease and other dementia conditions can help provide just that for your loved one in the Palos Verdes area, and for your family. We hire only those we’d entrust with our own loved ones.
Please call us to schedule a free in-home assessment and to learn more.